- Globant’s Sentinel Report on the Metaverse
- Summarizes the Metaverse as a shared 3D experience or an embodied, virtual version of the internet.
- Neal Stephenson was the first to coin the word metaverse in his novel Snow Crash, describing a virtual shared space where humans navigate in the form of avatars.
- It’s predicted that the metaverse market size will reach $800 billion by 2024, and as a result, the metaverse will create 10,000 jobs over five years.
- Avatars will emerge as digital identities, an extension of ourselves in the virtual space.
- Investing in gaming will become a huge focal point for many organizations.
- Interoperability is crucial to connect multiple metaverse projects so that users can enjoy a unified experience while participating in numerous socio-cultural activities, just as it happens in the real world
- Digital twins in the Metaverse are the digital representation of synchronized entities from the real world.
- Blockchain technology, a fundamental building block for the metaverse, enhances security and lowers risk when buying or selling digital assets like NFTs.
I would say that the metaverse itself is like a reinvention of the internet. The internet is already a reinvention; it’s how technology changed businesses, and now it is being reinvented. The next generation of that internet is what we call the metaverse.Martín Migoya, Globant CEO & Co-founder
Read the full report from Globant’s Sentinel Report: How the Metaverse is transcending digital limits and reinventing our place in the physical world